- 2013 won $926 million in school aid including $300 million added by the legislature to the Executive Budget proposal. This includes $363 million for New York City. The penalty for NYC DOE’s failure to negotiate a teacher evaluation deal is a one year penalty instead of multi-year. Won full-day pre-K initiative.
- 2012 over $800 million in new school aid as a result of the millionaires tax campaign and $200 million shifted out of competitive grants and into school aid.
- 2011 played major role in extension of modified millionaires tax that produces $2.5 billion in state revenues annually. Also won $200 million in school aid restorations.
- 2009 won changes to NYC school governance law that created public hearings and Educational Impact Statements on school closings and co-locations. These have stopped a few closings and co-locations and have provided a mechanism to organize around. In addition, through our campaign the Independent Budget Office education division was created and funded.
- 2009 played major role in Fair Share Tax Reform campaign that won millionaires tax that produced $5 billion in annual state revenues
- Between November 2008 and September 2009 prevented over $2.1 billion in proposed school cuts statewide.
- 2008—Keep the Promises Coalition resulted in$300 million in additional state school aid for New York City and restoration of $132 million in New York City funding restorations for Department of Education. This included investments in CEJ Middle School Success Plan and Student Success Centers.
- 2007—Campaign for Fiscal Equity victory resulted in state commitment to provide $5.5 billion in foundation aid increases and $7 billion in total increases over 4 years. Two years were delivered
- Syracuse: AQE won the expansion of pre-kindergarten by 100 slots and creation of school-based literacy programs
- Rochester: AQE won the creation of an in-school suspension program that included instruction for students as an alternative to out of school suspension and stopping the layoff dozens of art teachers.
- Buffalo: AQE won the creation of a weekend program for English language learners and their families