Sign the petition: Tell Governor Cuomo to pass the Invest In Our New York Act!
Our communities were already underfunded before the pandemic — and now, the Governor is making our pain worse by slashing 20% in funding for our housing and healthcare, our schools and teachers, our towns and cities.
While we’ve been enduring all this pain, New York’s wealthiest have grown richer.
- 2.5 million New Yorkers are out of work
- 42% of New Yorkers are facing food insecurity
- Over 1.4 million New Yorkers are facing eviction
Governor Cuomo can stop budget cuts and protect the future of New York by ending tax breaks for the wealthiest New Yorkers and investing in our New York.
New Yorkers across the state are joining together to demand that Governor Cuomo and our State Representatives:
- Prevent cuts to public programs
- Invest in high quality education, jobs, social housing, green public transit, affordable healthcare and more
- Build a bold vision for New York’s future
We demand our leaders in Albany:
- Raise $50 billion in new, progressive revenue by ending tax breaks for the wealthiest New Yorkers
- Prevent cuts to public programs; invest in high quality education, jobs, social housing, public transit, affordable health care, and more
- Build a bold vision for NY’s future benefiting the most vulnerable communities, including essential workers and workers excluded from federal unemployment, Black and brown, and low-income New Yorkers
The Invest in Our New York Act is a package of six state bills that raises $50 billion to ensure we can take care of each other and rebuild our economy by ending tax breaks for the richest New Yorkers.