AQE Albany Campaign Coordinator
Join the fight for education justice! If you are someone who believes in racial, economic, social and climate justice, if you are committed to fighting for a state that works for all of us, based on equity and justice, then you want to apply for this position. The Campaign Coordinator will expand relationships with allies and state and federal legislators of New York. The Campaign Coordinator will develop materials, plan events, and develop leadership skills of parents and community members.
Dedication to movement work a must!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
The key responsibilities of the Campaign Coordinator include the following:
- Establish campaign plans and strategies in partnership with staff, key allies, organizers and parent leaders.
- Develop and organize campaign materials and plan public actions including social-distance compliant rallies and online petitions.
- Collaborate with other staff to ensure proactive cross-organization, campaign communication and skill-sharing.
- Ensure that our work is aligned with our organizational goals and strategic plan
- Legislative lobbying on relevant issues; Management of relationships with elected
- Develop and build relationships with partner organizations and key stakeholders;
- Represent AQE in coalitions and at public facing events and meetings.
- Organize lobby days, actions, media coverage and other campaign activities
- Support the training and leadership development of parents in regions across the state
to lead policy advocacy.
Experience: At least 1 year of successful community organizing or policy campaign experience.
Other Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in multicultural contexts.
- Familiarity with current education policy issues.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain alliances with other organizations.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in written and oral English required. Fluency in Spanish is strongly preferred.
- Ability to attend evening and weekend meetings.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build mutually respectful relationships with
co-workers and the public.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, well-organized, able to prioritize assignments and workload.
- Driver’s license and access to a car preferred.
- Strong public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Highly effective time-management, goal-setting, problem-solving, and decision-making
AQE is an equal opportunity employer. People of color and women strongly encouraged to apply.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume with your application.
For internships, click here.