- New York State spends $22,000 on average to educate a child, but spends about $70,000 per prison bed.
- Nearly 70% of all jailed New Yorkers are legally innocent and they are being incarcerated pre-trial, they have been arrested (not convicted) of a crime. New York spends $2.5 billion on county jails each year.
- New York state owes schoolchildren across the state $4.1 billion in Foundation Aid.
- 8 out 10 Black and Latinx students attend a school that has been systematically underfunded by the state.
- The school to prison pipeline is fueled by chronic underfunding of schools and the overuse of suspensions, with over 500 suspension per school day.